Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tough One

Today was a rough one for me. From the first water stop, I could tell it was going to be one of those days. I managed to keep things together the whole way, but the last two miles really sucked. I suspect this all came about due to the climate change (increased heat/humidity), relatively poor diet last week, no gels, and a route that was relatively hilly. I expect everything to make its way back to normal in the coming days, so no real need to worry at this point. At least that's what I hope!

12 miles at a 7:31 pace

2 comments:

  1. It is supposed to hurt! I think Ryan hall said it best. "Distance running is all about pain management."
    Know the difference between good pain and bad pain though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, this was definitely bad pain! ;-)

    ReplyDelete