Saturday, June 6, 2009

Another 20 in the Books

Today was the fourth 20 miler I've run in a row, since Portland training started. Next week, I plan to move to 22 -- assuming all goes well. This run was both the easiest and hardest LR to date.

I'll explain: the first 12 were a piece of cake. We ran a leisurely 7:30-50 pace for those miles. The next 5, things began to get interesting. Did I mention I planned to close the last 3? Well, my plan did not include running 7 min miles from mile 12 on. About mile 13/14 I tried to get our pacers to chill, but it just wasn't happening on this day. Anyways, my last three close turned into beginning the close with about 5 left. From mile 16 on, my splits were -- 6:44, 6:33, 6:19, 6:15, and 7:14 (which I purposely decided to slow and cool down). Also, did I mention all this madness ensued as result of our Coach taking us to school? Well it did, and I'm damn near sure he had to be running in the neighborhood of 5:30s to close it out. All n all, it was a very strongl run. Hopefully, they stay like this!

The facts -- 20 miles at about a 7:20 pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment