Thursday, June 4, 2009

DNS (x 2)

Well, the MLR on Tuesday turned out to be the straw that broke the camel's back. I left work a couple hours early that same day (because I felt terrible), ate dinner around 4:30pm, and was in bed by 6:30pm. I shit you not! Based on how I felt, I didn't even plan to run the next day. Also, I was pretty sure I wasn't going to work either. Yep, that bad. Anyway, I went to sleep at about 7pm on Tues and woke up after 10am on Wed. How about that?

Needless to say, I felt pretty well rested when I got up. Wednesday afternoon/evening I was feeling noticeably better, but still not 100%. Still, I was planning to run with the group on Thursday. When I woke up at 4:30am, though, I just couldn't do it. I had the overwhelming urge to just go back to bed. So I texted a few people to let them know and then rolled over to get an extra three hours of rest. I'll go ahead and say I needed that sleep too.

Once I finally got up (for reals) -- I felt awesome, though, a bit shameful that I didn't run. I thought on it for minute and decided I'd go for a short run after work (in the heat). A short run these days is in the neighborhood of 7 miles, which once I got going, turned out to be 8 miles. I ran way too fast, but oh well, it felt pretty easy. I am no worse for the wear hours later and have no doubt I'll be ready to roll on Saturday. Until then!

2 comments:

  1. What was that illness going around? I don't think mine was as bad as yours sounded but I'm not over it yet. As long as it doesn't effect the respiratory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure -- I think I just ran myself into the ground. Once I rested up for a day and 1/2, I was good. It felt like a respiratory deal was starting, but it immediately went away w/ teh rest.

    ReplyDelete