Thursday, June 25, 2009

Easy there

Last full day in Chicago (I leave mid-day tomorrow), and I had planned to have a short/easy one. And I did. Total of 7 miles at avg around 7:30, I ran north again and stayed west of Lakeshore Drive. I saw the soccer field again in the distance (to the east), though it was in use today. The run seemed like it was over before it really got started. Good, I guess.

My legs were a little sore (quads) in the first half mile, but I got going good. I guess the shorter run yesterday allowed me to get some bounce back in my step. I imagine I'll feel good tomorrow and will be ready to have a good one on Saturday. Since this week is supposed to be a down week, I was advised that Saturday should be shorter than usual, 16 miles. It will be the shortest Saturday run I've done in awhile. In reality, it's good that I have some more experienced guys advising me to pull back on the reins some. Because left to my own devices, I just might run myself into the ground. Not that I've ever over done anything before. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment