Sunday, June 14, 2009

Week 5 Wrap

I've got some catching up to do here, just the facts:

Saturday, 22 miles on tap, we ran west from Rogue to Scenic, Bonnell, Balcones, Hancock, and back. The only difference on the way back was we took Pecos in to Lake Austin Blvd (LAB). So, the route was pretty hilly and the humidity was something else. I don't think anyone in our group thought the run was easy. No closing on this day, just finishing. In all, 22 miles and some change at a 7:50 pace. I was glad when that one was over!

Today, I slept in and was going back and forth between running mid-morning or waiting til the evening to run. Reason being, I felt like I needed a good nights rest. I did sleep in...almost 10 hours. Yessir! I decided to run mid-morning (10:30am) -- heat and humidity be damned. When I was getting ready, I noticed the Garmin was dead. Oops. That being the case, I took off from the house. It was hot indeed, but I took it very easy and there was a bit of a breeze. All things considered, not too bad of a run. And I feel fine hours later.

Well, I hit 75 miles this week. It sucked mid-way through the week, but got easier as I went. I'll shoot for 80 next week. My plan is the same except I'll add mileage on Monday, and I guess Saturday. Should be interesting!

2 comments:

  1. 80 whew! I think I am going to stay around 70 75 for 2-3 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we'll see what happens. i reserve the right back out at any time.

    ReplyDelete