Monday, June 22, 2009

5 = 14

Well, I decided to go right (which I later found out was South) when I came to Lakeshore trail. After about 3 miles, i decided to go a bit further. At the 5 mile turnaround, I decided to make today my MLR, because who knows how I'll feel the next few days with all the hustle and bustle. Coming up on 6 miles, i convinced myself that 12 total miles was not a true MLR, so I rumbled on for another mile to end up with 14 miles.

About the run/route: 1) stopped for water twice, 2) no gels or thermolytes -- accidental, was only planning to go 5 miles, 3) witnessed the beginning of decent confrontation between two large groups of very vocal younsters (I skirted past/between them and went on my way), 4) heard sirens shortly thereafter 5) after mile 5, the route got a bit 'scenic', 6) I felt the lack of thermolytes/gels around mile 12, but it wasn't too bad, 7) not that it matters, but the avg pace was 7:41, 8) nice run, i'll go left/north tomorrow to see what's up that way, 9) good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment