Tuesday, June 23, 2009

La'Beaches

I went north on the Lakeshore trail today. Boy, the youngins of Chicagoland sure do love their lake-beaches (la'beaches). You'd think these people experienced near Arctic weather 7 months of the year. Truth be told, I'd have probably been doing the same thing when I was in my teens and early 20's, so I can't really hate.

The run: it was hot. I took off at about 4:15; the temp was about 90 w/ 55% humidity...so much for the weather making me soft. I got in 10 easy miles at about a 8:15 pace. I grabbed 10 today because running may be a challenge tomorrow. I hope to get in 7, but will be lucky to get 5. Either way, I think I'll be okay.

2 comments:

  1. Dude, the people here LOVE sunshine. Anytime the sun is out people go lay on the grass. It is a trip, people in suits with pant legs rolled up. No water in sight, just laying out in the sun. We hide from the sun in Texas. It's the little things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, yes they apparently cherish that shit like it is a scarce resource. same here in chi -- seeing everyone out today reminded me of the flocks of people on the beach at s. padre during spring break.

    ReplyDelete