Thursday, June 18, 2009

16er

Team Rogue met at Barton Springs (BS) today. On tap was an amended version of the S. Austin Ramble. The ole coach ran with us today. Once I saw him ready to go this AM, I figured my planned 'easy' MLR might turn into something more uptempo. Unfortunately, I am still a bit mentally weak and get sucked in when folks take off. Today was no different. The first half of the run was okay, but we cruised back in sub-7:20s and sub-7s the last two. Not part of my plan! I'm not sure why, but miles 11-13 were especially torturous for me. Strangely enough, I got it together for the last two and felt much better for those miles. Now, I just need to be sure I get good and recovered for Saturday. To aid the process, I'm having a witch doctor come over to cast a recovery spell on my legs. I'll let you know after Saturday if I recommend this form of treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment