Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Coming up short

I was hoping to get in a 16 mile MLR today, but things just didn't work out that way. I woke up this morning feeling a bit sick...actually I began to feel sick yesterday. Anyway, I damn near decided to sit this one out when i first woke up, but I didn't. Know what I'm saying?

Fast forward to the run -- I felt like dog shit the first 5-6 miles, mainly due to my head/chest being all congested. Also, our group decided to go 14 rather than 16. "We don't want to peak in August," I believe was the reasoning. I was okay w/ that. After about mile 10, I began to feel a little better. A few guys (i'm probably just as guilty) began to pick up the pace the last...say...1.5 miles. I was feeling just fine at this point so I decided to go too. Without going into the in-depth play by play, the last mile was run in 6:11. Not bad all things considered. Total distance: 14.2; pace: 7:35. Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment