Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Road .50s

I have really been dreading this 800m workout. So much so I skipped it two mornings in a row. Wednesday afternoon, though, I could dodge it no more. I opted to run the 1/2 mile repeats on the road for a couple reasons: a) 20 mile per hour wind; b) the Congress Ave Mile is on the road.

These things hurt. After the first one, I immediately decided 4 was enough. Somehow with all my tiredness, I forgot to start my watch on the third one. The last one I was able to pick it up some and finish strong so that was a good sign I suppose. Without further ado...

2miles up
2:30
2:38
? (somewhere between set two and four)
2:35
2 miles down

Maybe the toughest 2 miles I have ever run. :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great idea esp since the miler is on the road. I didn't see any of those 800's under 230?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am saving it for next Saturday.

    I hope.

    ReplyDelete