Monday, May 3, 2010

Easy 46 minutes. Ho hum.

1 hr in the gym (let's see if I can recall my freestyle routine):

squats ( warm-up + 2 sets of 10 @ 95 lb)
stability ball single leg hip extensions ( 2x20)
lunges w/ 10 lb dumbell ( 2x 20)
clams ( 2 x 30 sec), side leg lifts ( 2 x 12), leg raises lying on the stomach ( 2 x 10)
step-ups w/ 10 lb dumbell (2x20)
sideways step ups no weight ( 2 x 10 on each side)
sideways walk w/ resistance band ( 2 x 10 on each side)
crunches ( 1x20), v-ups ( 2 x 12), leg push aways ( 2 x 20)
lower back extensions ( 2 x 16)
dumbbell military press 20 lb (2 x 12)
single leg calf raises ( 2 x 10 on each leg)
hanging leg raises ( 2 x 12)
the pull down machine that works your lats and upper back ( 2x 10)

3 comments:

  1. hr in the gym. Dude you aren't going to be able to move tomorrow. Or at least I wouldn't be able to after that workout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is pretty close to my normal routine the last 4-5 weeks, so it doesn't really bother me.

    most the work is aimed at hitting teh hips, gluts, core, quads, and hammies. all things i have to really keep an eye on cuz of my tendency to encounter lots of muscular imbalances.

    i'm not really sore today, but i did simp on my morning run so there is that. afternoon heat run it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this workout routine man, good stuff, I just ordered a new MMA book but maybe should have gone for the functional training book that was written by some other famous guy... In any case, I have similar waking up issues, hopefully we meet soon.

    ReplyDelete