Sunday, May 23, 2010

Back to work

Warm-up/cooldown - 16 minutes of easy running

Meat & potatoes - 7 mile trail loop in 46:30 @ between steady & easy pace. Steasy?

The steady run sorta sucked toward the end cuz it got pretty hot. I was drenched and my shoes were completely soaked- good preamble to summer base training which I am not looking forward to. I can't wait.

Refinement - 5 100m strides

The first 100m strider I did felt a little funky cuz I wasn't loose, but nothing like 6 weeks ago when I started this experiment, and I felt like an 84 Caprice Classic navigating the dirt roads of SE Texas at 70 mph. That ain't a good thing.

The last 4 strides felt just great. I felt smooth, relaxed, and like a real runner. Mind you this was after the steady run. The 100s & 200s I have done over the last 6 weeks have done wonders for my overall running economy.

Foundation work
- squats, lunges, single leg hip extension w/ swiss ball, crunches, v-ups, side leg lifts (hip/groin), on teh stomach leg lifts, lower back ext, hanging pike leg lifts, bent rows w/ bar, and military press w/ bar & weight. That is all.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah the summer months are here:) its gonna be hot and humid and awesome Fun (emphasize on F)... I need to go there (track) on every sunday...

    ReplyDelete