Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A hot one

My streak of failed morning wake-ups continued today. Thus, I had to get in a run in the 96 degree afternoon sunshine. It felt pretty good in the shade during my jog over, but was quite the scorcher at the not so shaded ASID track. All in all, the heat wasn't that bad, though, I did amend my workout and made it esp short/easy. I got in 10 x 200 at 5K effort; each set included a 200m recovery jog. The first one was in 39, second in 41, then the 7 in a row were 40 on the dot, and finished up w/ one at mile effort -- 35. A good day.

On a side note, I do believe I finally found a pair of racing flats - Mizuno Ronin. Going to test them out in the morning - that is assuming I can get my ass out of bed.

2 comments:

  1. Umm .. assuming you can get your ass out of bed. If you don't that's three strikes this week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, fortunately I made and was able to avoid your wrath. :-)

    ReplyDelete