Thursday, May 6, 2010

Morning run - the hunt for racing flats is over



Getting up to run was no issue this morning - funny how a run in >95 degree temperatures will motivate one to roll out of bed. After much staring at the shoes, walking around the apartment, smelling them, and other highly scientific shoe examination procedures - I decided to go for the planned 8 mile run in the Mizuno Ronins. Upon arrival at Rogue, the shoes (which are bright yellow) immediately caught the eye of both Kamran & Asia. Neither seemed too impressed, as they both gave them the curdled milk look. -1 point - didn't gain peer approval.



The shoes felt awesome on the run. Although they are much different than the Brooks Launch, I didn't feel like there was less cushioning. Call me crazy if you like. The Ronins are much more firm than the Launch, and in the same vein, they are also more responsive. All that said, I will only use them for uptempo workouts and races - no training.

Lastly, I felt pretty damn good on the run also. We got in just about 8 miles in a little over 58 minutes. A great day of running & stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Those shoes are not soft! Which is why I love them for racing. They are all about speed. I don't know if I would wear them for tempo runs on the road. You may want to reserve them for the track and road racing.

    ReplyDelete