Saturday, May 22, 2010

Congress Ave Mile Road Race

I had a good race today - 444. It couldn't have gone much better. Well, I did make a mistake. I was feeling good between the half mile mark and 3/4 of a mile mark - which came as much of a surprise to me. I was also passing some folks and creeping up on others. So, between 3rd and 2nd street, I started my kick. All was well until I approached the 100m to go mark. Right as I came to it, I began to tighten up and could feel my stride shortening. "Aw fuck!" I did my best to pick up my knees the rest of the way, but have a feeling I probably looked a little funny down the final stretch. Next time I should be able to capitalize on this learning experience. (Broken record) I can't wait race one mile again. I love this short & fast stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Not bad for a first mile. Looks like the track workouts paid off. As far as the last 100m. I don't think you kicked too early. The last 100 prob would have felt that way either way.

    ReplyDelete