Saturday, May 8, 2010

Chuys 5K

I made it out to the race today, quite unsure what to expect. I knew race pace was going to be uncomfortable, but had forgotten exactly how running at that intensity level felt. It was very uncomfortable. I wanted to stop on 2 occasions during the race. Of course I didn't though.

The race - I looked at my watch about half way into the first mile - 505. "Holy shit, I need to slow down." The next 3/4 of a mile was uphill, hit the one mile mark in 538. I looked at my watch again about half way through mile 2 - 605. "Damn it!" I rallied the the second half and ended Mile 2 with a 547 split. This was very disappointing in hindsight because at least 1/2 of Mile 2 was downhill. Oh well. I stayed steady in the third mile - 537. The official time was 1740.

Pain and discomfort aside, I really want to run another 5K (not next weekend, but in like 4-6 weeks). But I don't know that I will be able to find a good one w/ the TX summer looming. I suppose the Congress Ave Mile and some summer track meets will have to do instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment