Thursday, July 23, 2009

Tough Times

Gosh, a lot has changed since Tuesday. My ankle/leg issue seems to have ratcheted up a notch. I almost skipped the run on Wed (because of it), but opted for a mid-morning run. I had a fair amount of discomfort during that run. I iced it afterward with the hope that I'd be good to go today. After a couple short jogs early this AM, I decided to skip the morning steady state run. Very disappointing. Now, I could have run, not doubt about it. But I felt my body was crying uncle to an extent (with the early jogs). At the urging of a friend, I went ahead and made a drs appt. Fortunately, i was able to get in today. The dr's initial prognosis was posterior tibial tendonitis. There is a chance it could also be a bone issue (read stress reaction) since this tendon runs right next to/behind the tibia. The only way to tell for sure is via MRI. But, I don't think it is the bone (at least I hope not).

I'll rest again tomorrow, and then give it a go on Saturday, with the plan to take Sunday and Monday off. If Saturday results in epic fail, i may be looking at a full week off. Shitty, but i have try to get on the other side of this deal.

The moral to this story is: don't make extreme changes to your footwear just to do it. Maybe it will sink in this time. That's all I have for now.

1 comment: