Thursday, July 9, 2009

steady stater

Today was the first steady state run this training season. Our instructions were to get to a comfortably hard pace in the first mile and then back off a bit. We were to go no faster than MGP.

The 7 mile run went pretty well. I felt like I was under control pretty much the whole time. From about mile 2.5-3.5 I was a bit uncomfortable (thinking I can't do this), but those thoughts passed in under 7 minutes, and my mind was at ease the rest of the way. I did pick up the pace some in the last two miles, and even noticed I had begun to press, so I forced myself to back off. I came in pretty relaxed the last 1/2 mile and finished feeling pretty good about the workout. In all, 12 miles for the day. I had a 6:42 avg for the 7 steady. Nothing to get all excited about, but it's a decent start. Going forward i just want to be consistent and maybe get the the avg pace down about 10-15 seconds. Until next time...

3 comments: