Thursday, July 16, 2009

Tempo Workout

Today was the first tempo run of the season. 2x2 miles at tempo pace. I believe we were to keep it around half marathon goal pace (hmgp) -- 6:20s. I had planned to go somewhat easy the 1st set and be a little more aggressive the second set. Reason being, in the past I have gone out hard from the jump and struggled toward the end of these type of workouts. I guess I mostly accomplished my goal for the workout...I was slower on the first set than the second. But I was a little fast for both. Oh well, that's one those good problems to have (the way i see it). The sets were: 12:21 (608 and 613) and 12:03 (6:07 and 5:57). Truth be told, the workout was easier than I expected. I thought the second set would be tougher. So, i don't believe i'll have a problem w/ these tempo paces when we do a full fledged tempo run. Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment