Friday, July 2, 2010

Might have found some good trainers

I've struggled in the shoe dept for awhile now. None of the 3-4 pair of shoes that I regularly wear work that well for me. They aren't terrible, but my feet don't really like any of them as "everyday trainers." Today, that may have changed. After hearing good reviews from folks whose opinions I trust, I decided to go check out the Saucony Kinvara. The shoes felt pretty damn good from the moment I slipped them on. I really like the level feel of the shoe (ie, pretty much equal heel to forefoot offset).

Feeling good in the store is great and all, but how are they on a run? Well, I can't say they are going to be the "silver bullet" to some of my past running woes, but teh shoes felt awesome for a 20 min jog, some running drills (high knees, side to side, butt kicks, karaoke, backwards running, and bounding), and 6 x 100m strides. The thing that really stuck out to me was how the shoes felt like one w/ my foot. I'm going to test them out tomorrow on my quasi-LR, and hopefully my opinion remains as is, A+.

2 comments:

  1. heh I do what u guys call drills as part of the MMA workout program, interesting commonality... I even do 20 sec sprints @ 10 degree incline kinda like the strides I guess. (kinda)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds pretty similar. Will have to hook-up for a form running workout once ur back

    ReplyDelete