Wednesday, July 7, 2010

After 7 days of consecutive running, I could tell I needed a rest day by Mon evening. Bad planning (or lack of planning?) on my part cuz taking Tues off meant I would miss a group run. Not the end of the world i don't think. And I ended up all the better for coming to my senses. Though, I must say, it did not take me long to get into "more, more, more" base training mode. I can see already it is going to be a challenge to hold myself back over the next 8 weeks. Note to self.

After a day of rest, I felt pretty awesome throughout a 9 mile/68 min run this morning. Monday I felt god awful, so it was great to feel sharp again after a day off. I expect to feel good tomorrow too, might even add a lil close the last 2-3 miles. That would be a first for me this season. Talk about restraint! :-)

2 comments:

  1. With all this off time you better feel good enough for a close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's this day off shit. There are no days off during base training!

    ReplyDelete