Thursday, September 3, 2009

Rollers (part 2)

1.7 mile warmup
5 miles of 2 min on/off in the hills
1 mile recovery
3.6 at steady pace
1.7 mile cool down
13 miles total (er..12.75 according to Larry's garmin)

I went into today unsure how I would do with the recent increase in mileage and intensity over the last several days. I definitely was not fresh, but my legs responded very well. The third time I ran an "on" portion of the fartlek things began to click. We apparently ran a little faster during the fartlek because we made it to the finish in one less rep than before (one less 'off'). The steady portion went well too. My average pace for 3.6 miles was 6:31.

Don't really know exactly why, but I know I'm rapidly getting into racing form. The increased intensity seems to have really brought my legs back to life. And really, it didn't take much to wake them up. Still, I'm going to keep on w/ what I've been doing because the sharpening process is not complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment