Tuesday, September 22, 2009

2x2 at HMGP

A northern front hit Austin around 2am and brought w/ it some pretty heavy rain this morning. I woke up at 4:30am, and it was still coming down pretty good. After looking outside several times and mulling it over, I decided I wasn't going to run on the track in those conditions. Running easy might not have been too bad on the roads, but running 10k pace and hmgp was going to be a chore on the track. Especially when lanes 1-3 are flooded as they have been in the past with these conditions. So, I texted Coach, let him know I would run later, and then got a couple more hours of sleep.

When I awoke the second time, I found out that the workout was canceled. Sweet, now I didn't feel like I missed anything. Moreover, i noticed that we would do today's track workout on Thursday instead, so I decided to swap the workouts, and do what we would have done on Thursday: 2x 2 miles at hmgp.

Three mile warmup from RE (Waller, I35 bridge, Riverside, trail to I35). Set #1: 6:11, 6:12. Oopsie. That was not hmgp. Rested for 1:30 and took off w/ the intention of being 6:20-6:30 on the second set. Saw I was at 6:40 at .25 and decided to run off effort the rest of the way: 6:15, 6:08. Oh well, close enough. One mile cool down back to RE.

Right hammie was little tight on/off during the sets. Felt that old pull from the glut. No pain, just what I call a "reminder" that I need to stretch those suckers a little more diligently.

Eight miles total for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment