Sunday, August 2, 2009

Week 12 Wrap

This weekend I continued to struggle, though, most of my issues were between my ears. I skipped the Saturday LR (WTF?) and opted for a short 6 mile run later that same morning. I did pretty well on it.

Sunday I was determined to get in the 16 miles I had skipped on Sat. I did get the run in, but it really sucked. I felt like my legs went to shit after about 5 miles. The rest of the run was pretty tough. My ankle was okay except for about a mile to two (7.5-9.5ish). So, I was happy to have completed the run without any significant pain issues, but I'm worried about what seems to be a decline in overall fitness. ;-(

For the week, I logged 48 miles. Far from impressive, but my ankle/leg seemed to improve ever so slightly through the week. I am still not confident enough to buy my plane ticket, so I'll hold off until the end of next week. Stay low fares!

I believe I have rested (my aches and pains) enough over the last 10 days, so it's time to crank things back up. Nothing too crazy, because I'm pretty sure pushing it too hard is what landed me in this predicament (that, and of course the shoe blunder). Anyways, I'm going jump right back into training, but try to listen very carefully to my body. No mileage goals. No regimented plans. No strict time goals. Just running w/ the team and having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment