Monday, August 17, 2009

Ups & Downs (Week 14 Wrap)

The race prep did not go well for me on Saturday. No excuses, I just did not have it on that day. Maybe the paces were too fast, maybe not -- it's too soon to tell.

On the bright side, my ankle/leg is much improved. It didn't bother me at all on Saturday and was just barely tight on Sunday. Also, I was able to log 73 miles for the week. So it wasn't all bad. However, my legs were really tired on Sunday so I have opted to rest today.

I'm going to stick with the same paces for the next three to four weeks before making a final determination for the race/pace. I seem to be on the other side of the injury deal, so hopefully, I'll be able to really lock in and determine the best approach.

Seven weeks to go. Five weeks of real training left. Can I get it together in time?

3 comments:

  1. Your MGP is pretty fast. You should spend more time going much faster than MGP. That will make your MGP feel slower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yours are all new or barely used though. you have any rec's for racing flats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. agreed -- i have not done enough running faster than mgp. that fact will begin to change over the coming weeks i believe.

    ReplyDelete