Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Race Prep #3)

The Good:
25.25 good miles
5:30 relaxed hard mile
14 miles at 6:50 pace or faster
6:46 avg for mgp portion of the run
pushed through a bonk at mile 14 (Redbud)
Hit mgp and hmgp on the track (after a break ;-/)

The Bad:
Fueling (only 3 gels taken and two sets of thermolytes)
Mental focus (not there in the late stages)
Heart (lack thereof)

The Ugly:
Track/6 miles at the end.
Stopped two times on the track.
Only ran 4 miles of the 6 (track miles)

So there it is. I'm not happy w/ the the latter part of this workout, make no mistake about it. Fueling was terrible. And I just wasn't locked in mentally. I guess I sorta thought I would breeze through this workout since I backed off on the pace a bit. Silly me.

I still have few weeks, so this was by no means a make or break workout. The fitness is there, I just need to refine some things and get my head out of the freaking clouds. I know I can do it.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, you did 14 miles at 650 or faster after a 530 mile. You are ready! Just keep on running.

    ReplyDelete