Wednesday, March 17, 2010

slow going

not much has changed since i wrote last. the inj is actually getting better, just very slowly. still can't run any sort of distance. trying to do so results in this sharp pain from my lower back/sacrum area. hell, pretty much any activity i do except for sitting on my ass yields that result. also, the area where the muscle and/or tendon tore is still pretty tender. just needs more time i suppose.

speaking of, i have been telling myself that if i can't run by this coming monday i'm going to throw in the towel for Boston 2010. that is still my plan, i think, because if i lose over two weeks it is going to be next to impossible get back to where i was prior to the inj. yes, i realize i could still be ready to run the marathon, but that is not my goal. i want to race my ass off.

anyhow, i have come up with a two-part contingency plan if boston does not work out. one part of it i'm pretty sure i will do regardless. the other, though, all depends on how the next several days go...

4 comments:

  1. Leadville? I really do wish u come back Damon, but I would \be excited if u r thinking of Leadville? U know we have the base...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have to admit, i got a good chuckle from your comment about Leadville. i was thinking more the opposite of that -- http://austinsummertwilightseries.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhhh that looks like fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. maybe we can do a meet or two. i was thinking doing the 2 mile and then the mile in a day would serve as pretty good speed/turnover work

    ReplyDelete