Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sidelined

I apparently strained/pulled my glute and/or piriformis pretty good on the last set during the Sunday Race Prep. Currently, I cannot run at all. I did 1/2 mile on the treadmill yesterday afternoon, and that was a mistake. Today the area feels like it did on Monday. Regression.

I'm not really sure what else say, but it looks like I am going to have to take at least 1 week off. The term "pulled muscle" now makes a lot of sense. I have strained muscles before, but have never had one with the feel that is has been yanked out of place. Doom & gloom aside, I am still holding out hope I can run by Saturday. But it is not looking real good right now. Because I am not going to force the issue again. For now, I guess I am going to have to join Team AwesomeFunWaterRun.

On the bright side & as a result of the run on Sunday, I know I am ready to run a sub 250 marathon, but the challenge now is to maintain fitness until I can get back to the road. I am so close. Stay tuned to find out if it was meant to be.

3 comments:

  1. Dude, I ran nothing for 10 days and just stuck to serious aqua running and cranked out the fastest 20 miles of my life by 18 seconds per mile.
    Don't lose hope. you'll be surprised how aqua running can seriously keep you turning over.
    and you know damn well i didn't run very fast miles for the 10 months prior to that faster 20 miles either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are going to have to start a new club. You'll be fine if you only have to rest for 7 to 10 days. You may lose fitness but can get it back petty quick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Mike, you can run sub 2:50 easy, just take your time. This rest period will do you good in my opinion.

    I actually trust you to run past me around mile 14-15 (If I start 2 minutes before u) I have money on this so you better run past me in Boston Damon... :) Hope 2 c u all on Sat.

    ReplyDelete