Friday, March 26, 2010

Fri run & gym

Easy short run today -- 31 min. Was able to extend the stride a little without too much fear of ripping something. Still, felt a little funky w/ a side order of pain after the run. Hit up the gym afterward and actually felt much better then. Squats & lunges w/ some real (but not too heavy) weight are going be my good friend going forward.

Speaking of cross-training & gym work, I need to adjust what/how I workout. I feel like I have gotten weaker in all areas over the last few months. This is mostly my fault for not taking the gym seriously...somewhat strange because I always have in the past. Also, I need to narrow my focus some; what I have done is find 8-10 lifts/exercises that I really need to do & will focus on doing them all twice a week. I don't have list in front of me, but the routine consists mainly of core, glut, leg exercises.

Not sure what I'm going to do tomorrow. Would like to run for 2 hours, but haven't decided from where. TBD.

1 comment:

  1. I know this might not seem very logical for you so you can check it up with the Mark fella you guys are consulting with but my suggestion is MMA training with adjustments ofcourse, there is a bunch of em, I prefer the one where there is a strenght training 1 day, power training 1 day and endurance training 1 more. All body parts every time with different moves. I will lend you my book if u r interested. Ofcourse this is NOT something I would suggest for Boston since it is so close.

    ReplyDelete