Sunday, March 21, 2010

Better but not there yet

Well, the inj continues to steadily heal, but my body needs more time i guess. the sharp lower back pain i was getting the first two weeks is pretty much gone. However, the glut medius muscle & tendon are still pretty tender at times. Also, the piriformis must be a little jacked too, because I get this weird numbness in my big toe every once & awhile.

This afternoon I did 4 short 30-40 m strides; the first three felt decent enough. I could take full length strides, and there was almost no limp/give in my step. On the last one I began to tighten up and felt the pull from my sacrum so I decided to give it a rest. Afterward, I was in more than a fair amount of pain. No damage was done, but the area is still pretty weak. I have to be very careful. With that, I have decided to not try to run tomorrow...won't do any sort of activity. I'm used to it at this point & it doesn't bother me too much anymore. Will reassess in a day or two. II

1 comment: