Saturday, November 28, 2009

LR Surprise

Since I missed the Turkey Trot on Thurs & wasn't going too far today, I decided to add a little twist to this ML long run. The plan was pick up the pace just slightly for the last 6 miles. The idea in my mind was to run even 7 min miles for the last 6, which in reality meant not running above 7 min pace for any of those miles. That is how my mind works when running. And I also didn't want to go below 6:50. During the first 10, I was unsure if I would stick w/ the plan. I mentioned it to the guys/gal & no one was biting. Still, when the time came, I did my deal:

654
650
653
649
651
643

Doing what I did really wasn't hard, because I mean if you really think about it, that is not a terribly fast pace. At least not for any of the people I regularly run with. Breathing was relaxed & my form was too. The only thing that maybe I would have changed was to stop for some water...but then again, i think there is some value in occasionally not stopping more regularly than the the #1 City Bus (for waters).

16.08 miles for the day ~ 724 avg

2 comments: