Thursday, September 23, 2010

Pecos loops @ steady pace

Today we ran a little 3.5 mile loop - Enfield->Pecos->Scenic.  We were to run 3 miles at steady pace, recover for .5 of a mile, and then repeat (2 loops).

Loop one - 18:27
Loop two - 18:30

I was ready to call it a day after the first one: my quads felt worn out, and my mind did not want anymore.  I fought off those negative thoughts and started up the 2nd rep.  About 5 min into the 2nd loop, my quads loosened up and running at a faster pace felt easy again.  Make no mistake about it, this was a freaking tough workout.  But I was happy to push through the mental/physical barrier which tripped me up last Saturday.  Progress, that is about the best I can ask for at this point.  

12 miles for the day

2 comments:

  1. Does the loop time include the .5 mile recovery? If so, I think you just ran a 5k PR twice during this workout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no, def not included. for both reps, we were at like 620 for the first mile and a little faster on the last 2.

    ReplyDelete