Sunday, October 31, 2010

In no mans land

Sat:  had a decent run ~ 80 min.  Felt pretty good, except for about a 20 min stretch during the back half of the run.

Sun:  opted to skip the 10 miler race and race prep for obvious reasons (in hindsight).  I took off w/ the plan of running 2 hours and throwing in some uptempo work to see where I was.  Did fine at easy pace, but the uptempo stuff was not so great.  I did some 2000's on the trail at steady-ish effort.  Fitness wise I was ok.  But after the 2nd one, the pains started to come on.  I ran a third one and stopped after a mile, because I did not want mess myself up any worse.   Alternated walking/jogging back to the gym while I pondered what to do w/ myself (running wise).  Ended up w/ about 90 min...maybe.

So, I know I can run for the most part.  But it does not seem like I am able to train.  For now, I am going to continue down the training path.  However, I do believe it is time to go purchase an MRI to see what is really going on.  Good times.

1 comment:

  1. Do what doesn't hurt to keep the fitness. All the best with the MRI.

    ReplyDelete