Sunday, June 13, 2010

Time to change it up

Track season is over for me I'm 95% sure.  Nothing is wrong, but I do want to be sure to quit while I'm ahead.  At the meet on Fri I only ran the 200M (in 26 sec).  Not a real good performance.  My hammies locked up with about 40m to go, and I faded pretty bad after that.  I know, I was not in shape or prepared to sprint (should have known better).  No harm, no foul.

Here's how the meet went:  3000m (only 3 people showed up to run, so I scratched that one), 200m (see above), and then I waited around about 1.5 hours for the 1500.  With two more sprint events to go after the wait, I decided to call it a night.  Just sorta lost my motivation w/ all the waiting.  I would really like to run a 1500, but at this meet, that would mean sticking around until after 9pm.  So I suppose that race will have to wait until another time.

All that said, the Summer Twilight Track Series in Austin is a great event for the youth.  It is great to see all those kids and teenagers out there having fun, competing, and learning to run/race.  Cool deal.  There are some grownups that run too, but that is not the focus of the meet.  It's all about the kids.

Next up, base training begins for the fall racing season, and gasp, a December marathon.  I am going to take it real slow though.  Ain't in no rush, and there is plenty of time.  That's all I got for now.

2 comments:

  1. Nice. Did you start out of the blocks?
    I think you will find that speed work to be very useful in the later stages of your marathon training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No blocks.

    Regarding speed work, that is my hope.

    ReplyDelete