Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hurtin in the Humidity

I met Kamrasia at the UT intramural fields today to do a few mile repeats on the soft grass.  We knocked out a 3.5 mile warm-up and then got to the good stuff.  The plan was to do 3 sets, just trying continue a little turnover work.  Ran them in 612, 555, and 601.  Those sum bitches were tough.  My legs were ok for the most part, but the humidity/dew point made the cardio piece shitty (to put it nicely).  Afterward, none of us wanted to run the warm-up route as a cool down.   I did however want to take advantage of the soft and nearly perfect grass one more time, so I decided to get in a little barefoot cool down.  I ran for about 13 min.  Decent day I suppose.

3 comments:

  1. i like this, if i can come back i will be a slow poke, hope u still will accept me among u all for breakfast and all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mos def. I do believe Asia gets full credit for this idea. Running on the grass was great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Running on the grass is nice. Unless it is wet wet grass. Then it is much less fun.

    ReplyDelete