Sunday, April 18, 2010

Switching gears at the track

The sun first came out right after noon here in Mission Hill. Upon seeing it clear up, I decided I wanted to run again. After all, 30 minutes isn't much of a run. Dustin told me there was a track about 3/4 of mile away in Back Bay Fens. So with finding that out, the decision was made.

Dustin guided me to the track later in the afternoon by way of his bike. Once there, it was time to go to work. I was thinking 8-10 400s (@/near mile to 5K pace - 75-80 sec), but had it set in my mind to stop when I got relatively fatigued (didn't want to mess things up trying to be super star doing the first real 5K/mile track wkout).

They went like this: 76, 77, 74, 78, 75, 72, and one 200 (33) to grow on. I shuther down early mainly due to needing the RR, but was also pleasantly tired, so I figured I was good for the day.

This was a whole new type of running, I tell ya. Definitely a bit of a shock to the system, but I figure after a couple weeks of running like this, I should be good. Here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment