Saturday, April 3, 2010

Hard head tendencies

Today, I went to a Dr of sorts at Advanced Rehab inside Rogue Equipment. When I got up this morning I had no intention of going. However, I went to bfast with some folks from the Team, mainly to offset any rumors that I was not alive & in one piece. Seriously, it was very good to see everyone. Somehow during the bfast conversation the topic came about whether any sort of Pro had checked out my inj. Short answer is no. Anyway, after some in-person prodding and encouragement, I decided to head to see the Doc Mike has been seeing. I just had the quick/free eval today, so no official treatment, but I came away impressed with Dr.....(i forget his name)'s feedback. First, he was pretty surprised with the size of the knot in my upper butt (went so far as to ask if I did this sprinting). He then said I had definitely pulled a muscle, but didn't believe there to be back, disc, bone, or joint issues. From there, he told me I could probably just deal with it and the knot will work itself out eventually or I could get some release work/treatment done by them to try to speed up the process. I opted for the latter -- going in Monday to see what's up.

Mike, thanks for the rec & nudging. Prolly should have done this 1-2 weeks ago when others recommended it. Guess I hadn't wallowed in enough misery at that point. :-)

Speaking of hard hardheadedness, I am planning a short easy run tomorrow...somewhere between 30 & 45 min. If things get sketchy, I will stop. But I don' think that's going to happen cuz the rest over the last few days seems to have really helped. We shall see tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Hope he fixes you.

    And I know the feeling of waiting. After all, i waited a whole month before i got talked in to going and seeing him. But I'm running again, and that's all that matters.

    ReplyDelete