Friday, April 23, 2010

Mini track workout

Apparently, I didn't learn my lesson about running in the middle of the day on Wednesday, because I put myself in the same position today. This workout was done at 2pm. Oh well, what doesn't kill you...

4 mile warm-up, 3 x 1000 (331, 329, 329), 4 x 200(38, 38, 37, 36), 4 x 100m strides, and 1 mile cool down.

The idea today was to run 5K pace for the 1000s and a little faster for the 200s. This workout was tougher than I thought it should have been. As it stands, I may have a rough go of it at the Bun Run.

Inj update, my gluteus muscles have done great the last couple of days. I'd say damn near healed, but let's mark it at 95% due to some on/off aches I get ever once in a while. But I could not be happier with where I am health wise. Now I just need to stay free of major injury for the rest of the year. I think I can do it! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment