Monday, October 26, 2009

Easing In

It has been over three weeks since the marathon, and during that time period, I have run no more than 10 miles (total). That is okay, and was somewhat planned. However, I did not expect to take that much time off, but I wanted to try to get 100% healthy, so I did what I had to do. I am still not 100%, so I plan to continue to take it real easy in the coming weeks. That written, it is time to get back to running.

Today, I had planned to run on the trail, but apparently, mother nature had other ideas. Unlike most, I don't really care to run in the rain. Especially not in my delicate state;-) So, I opted for an indoor mini-workout: 5 minutes on the stationary bike, 5 minutes on the elliptical, and 20 minutes on the treadmill. All in all, I felt pretty good. The guts did not do too bad. Tomorrow, the weather should be awesome, so I'll get in some real miles then.

No comments:

Post a Comment