Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Scenic Hill Loops

On tap today were Scenic Loop Hill Repeats. Instructions for the day -- start at the bottom of Scenic, run up it hard, recovery jog for like 200M, and then get into tempo pace for the rest of the loop. The loop is like .9 of a mile. Run two of them, rest for a min, and then start again. We did three sets or a total of 6 loops. I suppose that comes to about 5.4 miles of relatively hard running. This is the type of workout that is as hard as you want to make it. I tried to keep the intensity up, but there were times when I coasted on the tempo portion. Still, I had a 638 avg for the 5.4 miles (including recovery jog). We do this workout again in a few weeks so I will try to better my results at that time.

11 miles for the day

2 comments:

  1. Good stuff Damon, lets all pick it up next time (I need to pick it up more than you)... We gonna do what needs to be done in Boston...
    I can feel "it" building up :)

    ReplyDelete