Sunday, February 7, 2010

eow # 14

I felt pretty horrendous after the run yesterday. My legs & feet felt really beat up. Maybe this should have been expected since I hadn't done a 24 miler in about a month. Also, I have not spent that amount of my time (2:59) on my feet since Portland. Whatever it was, I didn't like it at all. To compound matters, my rt foot really bothered me the last 3 miles (in the Mizunos). Boo hoo.

Anyway, this morning my foot was pretty tender in the middle of my rt forefoot. This obviously concerned me. Thus, I decided to ditch the early(ish) morning run w/ the guys. Instead, ice bucket action & a little more sleep. Once I was up & around for the 2nd time, the hoof felt a little better so I decided to give it a go. I went w/ the Nikes today. No right foot issues. Guess there is something to the different shoes & I may be to the point where I can wear them on a daily basis. Will test em out a few days in a row to see how I hold up.

10 miles today at a 740 pace. My legs felt pretty tired. 80 miles for the week so maybe that has something to do w/ it. Onward through the fog.

3 comments:

  1. If I had a dollar for every person I've heard say they don't like their Mizunos, I'd have about 9 dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you heal up. You need to run many more 3hr plus runs, bubba! more more more!
    the wizard said so

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, the m's might not be what's right for me any longer.

    i agree w/ you about the long ones, definitely necessary.

    ReplyDelete