Saturday, August 21, 2010

Had to work for it today

As the title suggests, I had a tough time out on the roads today.  I woke w/ sore/tired feeling quads & almost didn't even roll out. I was real tight during the early miles & just generally didn't feel worth a shit.  To make matters worse, I got real nauseous at about the 8 mile mark.  At that point, I really thought about calling it a day. But instead of giving in and taking the easy way out, I decided to persevere.  I basically put my head down & continued on, determined to make it to the 11 mile turn around.  Needless to say, I made it.  Somewhere between 11 & 12, my stomach settled. I finished out the 22 and headed straight for the ice bath.  That 10 min soak almost made the 2:42 of suffering worth it.  Nowhere but up to go tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. In my opinion making it thru those are the runs make all the difference. Another 20 in the books.

    ReplyDelete