Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wacky Wed

Whew, I was lucky to get in a workout today. Since I went ML yesterday evening, I felt pretty much stuck w/ the evening run schedule. When I left this crib this evening around 6pm, it was drizzling and a little cool. I took off as planned, but wanted to go back due the cold rain. I fought off that initial urge to stop and completed a 10 min warmup jog to the Eastside/St Eds intersection. From there, the initial plan was do some 2000s on a road loop just south of St Eds, but upon seeing where I'd have to run (uphill) for the last 1/4 mile, I decided to go w/ the good ole mile distance w/ a 1/4 mile recovery jog. I was shooting for 6 min miles, but that was tough due to the conditions (wet & dark) and my somewhat tired legs. No excuses though: 622, 614, 607, and 600. In hindsight, I should have warmed up more and maybe stretched a little, cuz they got easier as I went. Two mile cool down & I called it a day -- about 8 miles total.

2 comments:

  1. Oh it is that time of the year now eh... Allright I cant roll with you all tomorrow I guess (I will show up, hopefully) but next week lets have the good times roll...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next week it is! Look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete