Thursday, January 28, 2010

1st Hill Mechanics Day

At least for me -- I did not do the hill circuit work last week since I was racing. Today I did and boy was it a doozy. The hill itself is not that bad, but if one goes up it in the prescribed manner...hi-YaH!. All we are doing is high knee form running up a hill. Anyone who as ever done high knees knows that the speed at which you cover the distance is not important; what is important: an upright torso, relaxed arms/shoulders, and the leg drive/lift. Simple.

Today, I did four sets. One set is up the hill w/ high knees, down easy, up the hill w/ high knees, an 800 flat loop at tempo pace, and easy back down the hill. The set is about 1.2 miles. I did a 3 mile warmup/cooldown so that put me at like 10.3 miles. No right foot issues w/ the Nikes. 10 minutes in the ice bucket afterwards just to be sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment