Saturday, May 30, 2009

Settling In

Today, was our third long run of the Portland marathon training cycle. Again, i had 20 on the schedule. Fortunately, there was a good size group that wanted to get 16 miles, which meant I only had to get 4 miles before. Yesh! This meant I could sleep until 4:30am, though not a lot of extra time, it was significant mentally.

The opening 4 were nice and easy, call it an extended warm-up. Once the main run started, our pace was pretty easy for the first 8-10 miles -- 7:40ish...maybe 7:30ish. I had decided the night before I would pick it up for the last three if all was going well. It was! The group actually picked up the pace and ran about a 7 min mile with about 5 to go. We hit a water stop after that mile, and the pace relaxed a bit. I let everyone know my plan, and there were a couple takers. We picked it up nicely for around two miles and then decided to sorta cool down the last mile. Great run: 20 miles at an avg pace of 7:31 (per Mr. Garmin).

No comments:

Post a Comment