Saturday, May 23, 2009

20s

I had 20 miles on the schedule for my long run. The longest supported run was 14, so again, I had to get six in before. Geezer and I took off at 5:05 to get the extra mileage. We ended up w/ 6 plus a bit at an avg pace of 7:51. The 14 mile portion was solid. We started off a bit fast, and as a result, were warned that we needed to slow down about 5 miles into the 14. The group slowed down for about a mile, but the pace gradually picked up the rest of the way.

I felt borderline shitty the last 8-10 miles. I never struggled w/ the pace, but my legs just didn't quite have 'it'. With about 2 miles left, I decided to push it a bit hoping my legs would wake up. After a mile of running at a faster pace, and still not feeling very good, I slowed down significantly. Garmin told me I ran the last mile in 7:14...what a difference a year makes! The overall pace for the 14 mile section was 7:18, according to my watch. Overall, about a 7:29 pace for the 20.

No comments:

Post a Comment