Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Testing it out

After Sunday's run, I walking w/ a pretty severe limp. The outside of my left foot hurt like hell. So much so, i decided to skip the gym routine & head straight to the ice bucket. 'Fucking A' is what i was thinking. With this going on, i decided to rest on monday & maybe tues. So, i didn't exactly do that...

after doing some reading onlines, i realized that the foot pain (peroneal tendon attachment area) was more than likely related to my calf being tight. My left one is always the one that has issues when i add mileage. Having neglected it, i got out my pt stuff to see what i could find. i noticed the calf had several areas that were pretty tender, so i worked it over for several minutes. the next day (mon), the calf felt noticeably looser & the outside of my foot didn't feel too bad either. that afternoon, i went for an easy 2 miles to see how it felt. it did okay, but my calf was still cranky so decided at that point to let it rest on tues. and i did.

Wednesday, i went for an easy, easy 7 miles from my place. no foot issues during the run... but it was a little achy afterward. ice bucket for 10 min & called it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment