Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Concrete Repeats

I had been meaning to begin some uptempo work for about one week & a half. Cuz I sure as hell need to do something to ensure i don't make a fool out of myself when I lace em up for the races in Jan. Unable to attend to the AM team run due to a previous commitment, I found the perfect opportunity today. Actually, I decided to do some mile repeats about 1 hour before I left work, cuz running easy just seemed too freaking boring.

There's this stretch driveway around a building complex behind our office that makes about 1.5 mile loop, so I decided to run there (mainly due to convenience). It certainly wasn't because it was some awesome surface...about half the loop was good ole fashioned (don't give a bit) concrete. Anyways, I was thinking four or maybe three mile repeats, with the hope to keep them no slower than 6 per mile and not too damn fast either. I wanted to stay relaxed & in control...or at least as in control as one can be when they haven't done "quality work" in 10 weeks.

Before I bore myself to death, here's how they went. Wait, I didn't do repeats...they were intervals -- quarter mile recovery jog in between reps (no walking):
556
549
552

I thought i was going die after the first one, and at that point, decided to only do three. Surprisingly, they got easier as I went. Prolly wasn't really warmed up cuz i only did a 1 mile warmup. 1.5 mile cool down and I called it a day.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like brotherly envy to me. Then again, I don't have a brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael, Michael...always trying to stir the pot. You're looking for something that's just not there.

    ReplyDelete