Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Rockhopper

So...I have picked up a new hobby.  Mountain biking.  And I must say - it is pretty furking awesome. 

Back-story
I moved to a new apt a few weeks ago, and it just so happens there are a couple of mtn bikes that the complex has for resident use.  Also, this apt is near the greenbelt (think Travis Country). 

After I got moved in, I decided to grab one of the bikes and take it for a spin.  I found a trail entrance near the Republic of TX Blvd and Travis Country Cir intersection.  Pretty neat little trail.   I went down it for about 30 min and then headed back.  I almost busted my ass a few times, but no real falls.  My helmet did however keep me from knocking myself out when my head hit a tree branch.  Gotta be more careful.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment