Wednesday, December 29, 2010

In the Water

Mon (12/27) marked 8 weeks of rest.  All along, I was planning to get back into a exercise routine at this point.  So I did.  I grabbed my goggles and headed to Stacy Pool.  It was pretty chilly outside Mon afternoon, but it was a nice 70-something degrees in the pool.  I swam 1400 ft (7 down & backs in the pool).  That shit sucked, cuz I am a terrible swimmer.  After like 3 down & backs, I was completely gassed.  Still, it was a good workout, and I know I will get better if I continue the swim routine.

Wed - I hit up the pool again.  I was a pretty sore from the Mon swim/gym and Tues gym.  After two (down & back) sets, I felt done - jello muscles and breathing like I had just raced a quarter.  I then rested for a few min and did several more sets - did not keep count.  I was completely fucking pooped after swimming today.  Good workout.

3 comments:

  1. So... when are we climbing? If u need physiological reasons, it is good for opening up the muscles, overall strength and power. Good core stuff. And the bonus is, if you get injured it will more than likely be your wrist or hand or elbow (not very likely to happen in the first place) and wont effect your comeback.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm game. let me know when you want to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh today would have been great my mistake checked this out too late let me write you an email l8ter today and coordinate.

    ReplyDelete